Friday, April 17, 2015

Day 21 - 4/16/15 - Baymax Body

When I have been crocheting for a while and have proven to myself that I am committed to creating crocheted wonders and have doing it for many months with better and better results, I may just have to treat myself to some super hooks.

Trai Crochet Hook Set - Laurel Hill

Yummy!

And only $100!

Aren't they beautiful?  I like the look of the grip and smoothness of the finish.

However I have my bamboo Susan Bates set coming in - probably today.  I've really bonded with the Bates Wood Handle hooks as they feel a lot better in my hand.  When you're crocheting for hours that's a lot of hand work.

Well, it's nice to dream, but it's also very helpful to have both of your feet firmly planted on the ground.

Well I had a good time - crocheted for at least an hour and a half.  Got over halfway through the body (the closed part at the bottom is the bottom of the body).  These 3 weeks (it's only been 3 weeks???) have seen me go from very insecure and unsure about where I'm going to a point where I know exactly where the hook goes next.

My increases and decreases are off the hook.  I hope you can see from the photos the beautiful spiral pattern created by the increases at the bottom.




It's hard to see in the photos but there's a really nice spiral that the increases create.

Now it's time to finish the body and stuff and attach the body and head.

No comments:

Post a Comment