Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Day 12 - 4/7/15

Hello.

I finished a leg - which was stumpier and shorter than the arms.

When I started this leg, I was still dealing with the feeling that I hadn't quite gotten the hang of creating circular knitting.  My sloppy slip knot was sticking; I couldn't get my hook through the first stitch; I miscounted the round and it's not the right size, etc.

It's strangely comforting for me to think that most of what you do in amigurumi will start with that circle, 2 chains, and 6 stitches, followed by 12, followed by 18.  You could pre-knit 10 of these and have 10 parts for toys.

And so last night I hesitantly started the first leg of my first monster from Stacey's class.

That's the monster in blue, obviously I'm doing it in purple.

I just banged the darned thing out - I couldn't believe it - sloppy slip knot - DONE; 2 chains - DONE; 6 stitches in the 1st chain - DONE; increase in each stitch - DONE; Inc 1 - sc 1 - DONE BABY!

Dude, I can't believe that I can't believe this - I'm a pretty talented person, I mean that I can do almost anything I put my mind to.

So now I know how to do this thing.  I'm staying focused on working my first monster but I'm already thinking about what's next.

The next monster in Stacey's class is this one:

And then a part of me says "why don't you make your own?"

And I say "I'm not ready!  I don't know enough!"

"When will you know enough?"

"Well, after I... and then ...when I...uh..."

"Ok"




Oy my head hurts.

Alright - don't need to decide right now!  Let's finish up this first one - whaddaya say?

Photos will follow soon.

Wow crocheted until bedtime.  I'm kickin' major booty on my monster:

That's the whole darned thing

The opening increases for the body - only 2 increase rows to go.

Grumpy Cat wanted in on the action.

No comments:

Post a Comment