Thursday, April 9, 2015

Day 14 - 4/9/15

More crocheting today.  I'm sensing a trend!

I have no idea - it's a pretty cool photo isn't it?  Loved that movie but I will be the first to admit that it is very, very slow.

Anyway more crocheting as promised.

My friend Rosa from work, who is a super-amazingly talented crocheter, told me I had tight stitches, not in a critical way but observing.

Are our personalities represented in our knitting or crocheting?  How tight are your stitches?  I live a pretty exciting life with commitments and challenges galore.  I have stress - perhaps my tight crocheting is a reflection of stress.

But on the other hand, since I'm crocheting toys, you want a certain tightness so that the stuffing doesn't show through.

By the way - Rosa showed me her technique - Jiminy Jillikers!  She has such a smooth and rhythmic technique.

Oh, and I'm designing a crochet raven:


I managed to finish the body up to the point where it is ready to stuff.  I stayed up semi-late and was going to push myself to finish the monster, but I didn't want to sell out the fun of putting it together. So I decided to finish the project on Friday.

Here's the ball body to this point:



No comments:

Post a Comment