Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 17 - 4/12/15

Today was finishing day - TWO PROJECTS COMPLETE IN ONE DAY!!!!!!!


As it should be...

#1 - the crochet hook bag:






I was inspired by a crochet hook bag I saw on Pinterest.  I decided to do a circular pattern up to the flap, After I'd crocheted enough to hold the hooks I Just started moving back and forth until the flap closed over the bag.  I used a couple of rows of triple crochet which worked out great as the buttonhole without having to crochet a buttonhole.

I have adopted Rosa's "make it up as you go along" philosophy.  If I continually work projects that require me to acquire new skills then I will develop those abilities and be able to apply them as needed when I'm creating my own works.

#2 - ball monster





His rather goofy shape is due to a placement error on my part. Everything got crocheted fine.  I attached the eyes, which I felt showed too much white yarn (I considered doing a chain that I could put around the eyes to hide the yarn but decided against it).

So I put the feet on first (probably should have started with the arms).  I put the feet on virtually in line with each other, which left me no room to put the arms on.  Here's a quick reminder of the final pattern:


So after some thinking and calculating and trying stuff I decided to use the arms as bunny ears.  My friend Rosa fell in love with the little guy so I let her have it.

Now that I can breathe I'm working a little on my practice scarf.  I've decided to do the Baymax pattern next.

No comments:

Post a Comment