Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 16 - 4/11/15

I did a lot of yarn work today.  I made really good progress on my crochet hook bag.  I'll post photos when I finish.

I cannot express how much I love Susan Bates wooden handle crochet hooks:



I've adopted a smoother style of crocheting using the pencil hold.  These hooks give your hand a little more surface to grip.  It's much easier on the wrists.

It's odd how sometimes in life someone will just do a tiny little something that completely changes the way you look at the world.

I mentioned in an earlier post how Rosa showed me how she crochets and how she has a super-flowing style that doesn't even look to be the slightest bit stressed or cramped.  Mind you she's been crocheting for decades, but her style totally influenced me.

My crocheting style used to be similar to a famous movie:

Take THAT yarn!

But I practiced on my crochet hook bag and I have gotten the hang of the flow of this style.  I'm super happy that I got this hint early on in my crocheting career so I don't have to re-learn anything.

I also finally made a couple of eyes for my monster that I was happy with:





See you tomorrow!

No comments:

Post a Comment