Monday, April 13, 2015

Day 18 - 4/13/15

Got to show off my pieces today.  Been working on the scarf:




I really like my scarf because it gives me a great opportunity to practice different stitches and patterns and working on improvisation. It gives me a chance to practice and practice, and I still feel like I'm working on a project. I have a hard time working on "practice swatches.

I'm still "getting" what the next stitch to put my hook into is.

My main weakness right now is pulling the hook through the final loops of yarn (at the end of the stitch process). My hook gets hung up and I have a hard time coaxing it through. I've been working with different ways to hold the hook and to hold the yarn.

The Susan Bates hooks have a deeper hook well than Boye or Clover. Both of those other hooks were unable to hold onto the yarn after I got it through the loops. I couldn't figure a way to make them work. When I tried the Susan Bates I felt a lot more confident working the yarn because it felt more snugly held in the hook.  I worried that the hook was getting caught in the loops but I really believe that as I mature and continue to practice I will develop a way to deal with this.

I'm definitely working a Baymax as my next project.  I want to make one for Amy in the cafeteria at work.  I'm going to see if I can do the head tonight.  It's pretty small - just 12 rounds.

So if that pans out I'll post photos.  If I fall asleep then I guess it wasn't meant to be.

Oh well, who needs sleep, right!





I am really, very, super happy with the quality and consistency of my stitches.  I'm grateful for the years I've spent knitting because I learned how to use yarns and needles.  Crocheting is like falling off a bicycle.  Once you've fallen off a bicycle, it's easy to fall off the next time!

Love you guys - life is really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment