Friday, April 10, 2015

Day 15 - 4/10/15

So, if any of my invisible readers are interested, one of the best websites I've ever found (I wouldn't in a zillion years use hyperbole!) is Noise Machines Online.  They have a bunch of amazing ambient sounds including water falling in a cave, cat purring, Indian drone, and white noise.  There are 8 sliders that you can use to adjust the ambience (more water, less echo), and you can animate the sliders so that the sound is constantly evolving.

I find that when I crochet it is difficult to listen to any kind of music, as it distracts my mind from the pattern (you know when you do amigurumi you often need to pay attention), but I've discovered that these ambient noises are an amazing tool for letting yourself go.  I can crochet while listening to rain and thunder as it doesn't distract me from counting, it provides a nice background for my mind.

If you make any donation at all, you're given access to all of the sounds on the site.  I love this site so much that I plan on donating again!

Boy I'm glad I didn't finish the monster last night.  I looked at my white eye rounds and realized that the yarn is too thin and that there are big holes.  I hauled my tuchus down to Joann to get a giant skein of white and black yarn so I can re-crochet the eyes tighter and I think I'm going to make them a little bigger.

So I'm patiently waiting for when I can start crocheting again.  My main goal tonight is to finish the eyes and make sure everything is ready to stuff.

ALL HAIL THE HOLK!

Here's an illustration of why I'm redoing the eyes - check the holes!

Hole-y Stromboli!

But I'm making progress on my improvised crochet hook bag:



No comments:

Post a Comment