Monday, March 30, 2015

Day 4 - 3/30/15

My first Monday of the challenge.  It will be interesting to observe how my mind might try to divert me from doing things.  I know what I want to do which is to work a few foundation chains and start to get the hang of it because it's proving very challenging.

I'm able to go back even though it's been challenging getting started.  I am constantly having to re-educate myself on magic loop or sloppy slip knot.  I cannot do the sloppy slip knot without trapping the yarn.  I cannot pull it shut.  I have a hard time starting the magic loop.

But despite this I have done a couple.  The green one was done correctly but I did the other one backwards (looped into the front instead of the back.




I'm rather proud.  So despite some bumps I'm moving forward.

I have a real Project Oriented mentality with crafts.  I have a hard time with just relaxing and not caring.  Just practicing the stitches makes you so much better.  But I get into this mindset where I feel like I'm wasting my time not working on a project.  I want an animal to hold in my hand.  But I realize that I'm just not there yet.

So I'm super proud to present my continued advances into the world of crochet.  I have a lot of experience with knitting but crochet still feels funny.  But I can tell that this is going to be a fantastic way to make toys and I can't wait to master this.

I've found another awesome crochet teacher in Stacey Trock.  I'm taking her crochet amigurumi class in Craftsy and it's just amazing.  She introduced me to crocheting into the back loop, instead of both.  I didn't realize that there were different ways to do it.  And after some experimenting I really do like the back loop method.  It's easier and I find it simple to see the next loop.

I'll probably do some more practicing tomorrow.  I also want to continue practicing my double crochets in rows.  I'd love to do a double crochet knitted scarf.  

What I mean to say is that I am going to crochet a lovely scarf!

Here's me with my kitty Trini from yesterday.  See you tomorrow.

Just kickin' it with the kitty




No comments:

Post a Comment